Jewels of Italy
You could spend an eternity exploring the enchanting Italian capitals of Venice, Florence and Rome, but this exciting 7-day journey with Costsaver will deliver a multitude of memorable experiences that will linger long after you've returned home. Take a walk down memory lane - one that spans centuries of tradition, heritage and culture as you encounter such iconic sights as the mighty Colosseum, the Leaning Tower of Pisa and Florence's spectacular Duomo. Your exploration of this veritable open-air museum will leave you enriched and inspired.
Travel Dates: From 04/04/2021 to 10/04/2021
Duration: 7 days
- Dining Highlights
2 Three-course dinners
First class travel Highlights
Audio Headsets provided throughout your holiday to enhance your included sightseeing experiences
Luxury air-conditioned coach
Cherry-picked hotels, all tried and trusted
Variety of Optional Experiences
City orientation tours
An expert Travel Director and professional Driver
All hotel service charges and tips, baggage handling fees and local taxes
Airport transfers are provided on the first and last travel day
- Conditions apply
Arrive Rome (2 Nights)
Buongiorno! Rome kicks off your epic Italian trilogy - one that will scratch beneath the surface of Italy's iconic cities. Upon arrival, check in to your hotel, then spend the rest of the day recovering from your journey or pound the pavements to discover why Rome so deserves its title, the 'Eternal City'. Later, you'll meet up with your Travel Director and fellow travellers for a glimpse into what lies ahead. There's even time for a leisurely stroll to one of the city's thronging piazze to people-watch or join an optional sightseeing tour of Rome followed by a light Italian dinner, if such a thing exists! Embrace life lived the Italian way - to the fullest.
Rome Sightseeing and Free Time
There's no better way to see Rome than to dive right in, which is what you'll do when you meet your Local Specialist for a sightseeing tour that begins in the Vatican City. The dome of St. Peter's Basilica looms over the expansive St. Peter's Square - the impressive backdrop for time spent learning about the world's smallest country. See Michelangelo's mournful Pietà up close and consider an Optional Experience that will reveal the artistry and heritage of the famous Sistine Chapel and Vatican Museums. Continue to Ancient Rome, to view the mighty Colosseum, followed by some time to explore on your own.
Rome – Pisa – Florence (2 Nights)
Set your sights firmly on Florence, the birthplace of the Renaissance and a city that has inspired poets, authors and artists for centuries. But first, a mesmerising journey through the rolling vineyards and olive groves of Tuscany awaits. Visit Pisa and its Square of Miracles, one of the most beautiful architectural complexes in the world. Yield to peer pressure and snap a few strategic photos featuring you and the extraordinary Leaning Tower of Pisa, leaning precariously. You'll have some time for souvenir shopping before continuing to Florence. This evening, there's an opportunity to head into the Tuscan Hills for dinner - an unforgettable Optional Experience.
Florence Sightseeing and Free Time
There are few cities in the world with an artistic legacy equal to that of Florence. Now's your chance to experience it in all its glory with your Local Specialist at your side. Lace up your walking shoes and view the city's most iconic sights on foot - the Baptistery, Cathedral of Santa Maria del Fiore, Giotto's Bell Tower and Ponte Vecchio. You'll visit Piazza della Signoria and witness a demonstration revealing the centuries-old Florentine trade of leatherwork, followed by some time to explore on your own. Later on, why not visit San Gimignano as part of an Optional Experience? If you're in the mood for some shopping, consider buying some of the high-quality leather goods you've just witnessed or shop for 18-carat gold jewellery. Later you'll enjoy dinner at your hotel.
Florence – Verona – Venice (Mestre) (2 Nights)
Journey across the dramatic Apennine Mountains to Verona, the home of Shakespeare's star-crossed lovers. View the vast Roman Arena, where concerts are still held several centuries after it was built to entertain the citizens of this fair city. Juliet's Balcony is a further highlight, revealing the tragic story of the Montague and Capulet family feud. Your journey continues to Venice, your home for the next two nights. Time on your own means an opportunity to explore one of the world's most romantic cities watching the busy traffic on its canals over a crisp glass of Aperol Spritz or embark on an optional gondola ride along Venice's narrow waterways. Salute!
Venice Orientation and Free Time
Watch talented master craftsmen at work engaged in the same craft as their ancestors from centuries ago when you visit Giudecca Island. Witness the beautiful glass creations, that are characteristic of Venice, being made. Then cruise by private launch to St. Mark's Square, in the heart of Venice. All the main attractions are within walking distance of the Piazza so you'll have easy access to view the Byzantine Basilica of St. Mark, which you could visit as part of an Optional Experience. Spend your time getting lost in the calle of Venice or consider taking a cruise across the lagoon to the colourful Burano Island for a relaxing farewell dinner.
Depart Venice (Mestre)
Brief but jam-packed, this memorable encounter with Italy's favourite cities has been brimming with culture, history and culinary delights. We hope you tossed a coin in the Trevi Fountain to secure your speedy return to Rome, but if you didn't, you'll have a heart full of fond memories that will stay with you forever. For now, it's arriverderci, but not farewell forever as you say goodbye to your Travel Director and newfound friends before taking your transfer to Venice Marco Polo Airport. Conditions apply.
Florence Sightseeing with a Local Specialist includes views of the Cathedral, Piazza della Signoria and Ponte Vecchio
Pisa Visit the Square of Miracles to view the Leaning Tower
Rome Sightseeing tour with a Local Specialist includes a visit to St. Peter's Basilica and views of the mighty Colosseum
Venice Cruise by private boat to St. Mark's Square. Visit a traditional glassblowing workshop on Giudecca Island
Verona View the Roman Arena and Juliet's Balcony
Terms and conditions
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 27 October 2020 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..
Check out these other Tours
Call 2830 2899 or email a Travel Expert to find out more
Widest range, unique products
We have the widest range of airfares and holidays as well as access to specials you won't find anywhere else.
Personalised service guarantee
Access to inspiring advice, planning and booking services from expert travel industry professionals.
Experts: anytime, any place.
With a retail store in Hong Kong, a 24/7 call centre and website, we're always here for you.